Thursday, May 9, 2013

DIY Grapefruit Face Mask - Only One Ingredient

If you're looking for a 100% natural face mask that only requires ONE ingredient... you're in luck.

What do I need? 
1 Grapefruit
1 Small Bowl/Container
1 Grater (optional)

How do I make it?
1. Cut the grapefruit into quarters
2. Squeeze 1/4 of the grapefruit into your small bowl/container
3. Zest the grapefruit skin using the grater so that you have about 1 teaspoon of zested grapefruit skin
4. Put the zest into the container with the grapefruit juice
5. Stir with a spoon

And it's ready to use!


But how do I use it? 
1. Use a small cotton pad and soak it in your grapefruit concoction (you can use your fingers or a face cloth if you have no cotton pads available).
2. Apply your DIY mask all over your face (avoiding the eyes), massaging it to let the zest exfoliate lightly
3. Leave the mask on for about 15 minutes - let it dry on your face
4. After 15 minutes, wash off the mask with lukewarm water

How did you come up with this?
I was eating a grapefruit not too long ago and thought "hey, if this is so good for me when I eat it, I wonder how good it is when I put it on my face". This might seem like a strange thing to wonder, but it's my job :)

After doing a little bit of research, it was quite obvious to me that I'd been missing out.

The Big Revelation on Grapefruit:
GRAPEFRUIT IS AMAZING FOR YOUR SKIN! 
It's an antiseptic. People who have oily skin usually find that their skin becomes less oily after using a grapefruit toner or cleanser.

Let me know what you think of this DIY mask! Does it work for you? Will you try it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment